Thrive Partners offer useful glimpses into their favorite recent reads, offering a few key insights that the books and articles offer to leaders like you.
Books We Wish We Wrote
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
WHY IT’S WORTH THE READ:
- Intentionally focusing energy towards your highest point of contribution makes a huge difference in your results.
- Greg highlights the dangers of distributing your energy and drives home the risks of straddling.
- Greg makes these compelling points in a way that is both compassionate and motivational. By the end, you will be fully on-board with mindfully making the trade-offs required to hit your highest points of contribution. These trade-offs are not optional; they either are made by you, or they happen to you.
HOW YOU CAN APPLY THIS, RIGHT NOW:
- Draw a sun – and on each ray – jot down the things to which you give energy to in a typical day.
- Think. Which one is your highest point of contribution?
- Identify trade-offs that will shift more energy towards this highest point of contribution.
- Do one of those today. Repeat tomorrow…and so on.
Read more posts at Thrive Leadership Blog
Below is a sampling of the organizations we are proud to support. We are grateful to their leaders for their trust and partnership.